Blacksburg Volunteer Fire Department
Header


Smoke Detectors

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events
View All Events


2018 Incidents
Jan 47
Feb 42
Mar 48
Apr 39
May 47
Jun 47
Jul 0
Aug 0
Sep 0
Oct 0
Nov 0
Dec 0
Total 270

2017 Incidents
Jan 51
Feb 37
Mar 49
Apr 61
May 51
Jun 58
Jul 44
Aug 52
Sep 36
Oct 43
Nov 41
Dec 44
Total 567

Web Counters
Website Visitors
Since
December 19, 2017
655,425
Visitors Today
Jul 17, 2018
513
Fire Safety In The Home
Email Email Print Print PDF PDF RSS RSS Facebook Google+ Twitter

December 30, 2017

Parents/Guardians,

Take some time and teach your children about the dangers of fire and cooking sources in your home. Unfortunately, this deadly fire was caused by a child playing with a stove on the first floor.

Another main contribution to this fire was the fact that the building, around 100 years old, was not equivalent with sprinkler systems. The National Building Code only requires features in the closest edition of its code when a new building is built. For example, a building constructed in 2005 had to meet guidelines of the NBC 2004 edition.

We pray for these people and their families.

( Sent from FOX Carolina )
 
Hyperlinks: Officials: Deadly NYC fire lit by child playing with stove
 

Comment Comment 0 Comment(s)


Website Designed and Hosted By: Content Proudly Maintained By: Contact Info:
Firehouse Solutions
www.FirehouseSolutions.com
Blacksburg Volunteer Fire Department
104 E Cherokee St
Blacksburg, South Carolina 29702
Emergency Dial 911
Non-Emergency: (864) 839-6061
Station Fax: (864) 839-1400
E-mail: info@blacksburgfire.com
Copyright © 2018 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)